ziva in vedas

Chandrasekaran, Periannan Periannan.Chandrasekaran at DELTA-AIR.COM
Wed Apr 14 20:46:40 UTC 1999

I had buried this question in a different thread.
Apologies if I am repeating it but thought worth doing so
as the statement from the Lexicon is intriguing.

I checked the Colgne Digial Sansrit Lexicon  at
http://www.uni-koeln.de/phil-fak/indologie/tamil/mwd_search.html

for the entry "rudra" and got the following:
".....
in the later mythology the word %{ziva} , which  does not occur as a %{name}
in the Veda ,..........".

Is this supposed to be taken to mean that the word
"ziva" does not occur in the vedas at all?

Thanks,
Chandra