lila

Benjamin Fleming cheapies at CABLER.CABLEREGINA.COM
Thu Apr 15 09:27:06 UTC 1999

Can one speak of Shiva's "lila" in the sense, for example, that he may be
found at play or sport with his troop of ganas? I generally think of this
term applying only to Krishna. Perhaps there is a more appropriate term for
Shiva and his ganas in this regard? Any ideas? I did find reference to
Shiva's "Svatantrya" in regards to his playful attitude towards bondage and
moksha as found in the Saivagamas, however, this does not seem to be quite
comparable to the antics and mischiveous behavior of this god and his playmates.
Thanks
Benjy Fleming