Paranavitana's dissertation?

Ellen M. Raven ellraven at WXS.NL
Mon Apr 26 23:21:33 UTC 1999

Dear N. Ganesan,

Apparently there are only few copies of the original thesis in Dutch
libraries, but one is in the Kern Institute library (very
likely Prof. Vogel's own copy). I can send some more information but
not before next week, as I am abroad this week.

The thesis was apparently slightly enlarged and published
subsequently in Colombo as `The stupa in Ceylon' (Memoirs of the
Archaeological Survey of Ceylon 5) in 1946. The ABIA bibliography of
the 1940s contains references to several reviews of the work. It was
reprinted in 1988 and is available in Colombo.

Ellen Raven