Tips for study-tour to India

Heike Boudalfa boudalfa at STUD.UNI-FRANKFURT.DE
Thu Apr 22 05:44:49 UTC 1999

Dear Prof. Nayak,
I will visit India in July to study Sanskrit there, and this is the first
time for me to go there. Therefore I'd be very much interested in your
information. The german version would be best for me. Thank you very much
in advance
Yours sincerely Heike Boudalfa

----------
Von: Anand Nayak <Anand.Nayak at UNIFR.CH>
An: INDOLOGY at LISTSERV.LIV.AC.UK
Betreff: Re: Tips for study-tour to India
Datum: Montag, 19. April 1999 11:45

Dear Indologists,

I have in the past organised thrice indological study tours to India.
There were each time 32 participants from Europe. Now several students
come for tips to organise their own private and individual study-tours
and so I have drawn up a text  in French entitled <italic>"Voyage   en
solitaire en Inde. Conseils d'un Indien habitant en Europe"</italic>
and the same in German :<italic>"Allein reisen in Indien. Ratschldge
eines in Europa lebenden Inders"</italic>.  I would like to make it
available to the members  of this list. It is about 4 pages long,
explaining mostly the practical problems of the Indian situation  which
often gives a shock to a gentle Westerner.If you are interested in it,
please send me an e-mail. I would be happy to receive in return
comments and critique.  A. Nayak

PS: The text  is not available for the moment in English. I can produce
an English version if there is interest for it.
Sarvesham svastirbhavatu        May all be prosperous

sarvesham santirbhavatu         May all be  peaceful

sarvesham purnambhavatu         May all be whole

sarvesam mangalambhavatu        May all be happy

INSTITUT DE MISSIOLOGIE ET DE SCIENCE DES RELIGIONS

INSTITUT FUER MISSIONS- UND RELIGIONSWISSENSCHAFTEN

Universiti de Fribourg

Route du Jura

CH-1700 Fribourg

Tel:    026/ 300 74 38 (Office)