zAnta rasa

Aditya Mishra a018967t at BC.SEFLIN.ORG
Fri Apr 2 20:38:25 UTC 1999

Sudalaimuthu Palaniappan wrote:

> I would appreciate any information on how and when zAnta came to be the ninth
> rasa in the aesthetic tradition described in Sanskrit texts. Thanks in
> advance.

Do you mean  to say that it was not there to start with?
I have always read about 9 ras of literature and 6 ras of food tastes
and no less.

--

I hope it gets you in the best of spirits.
�1999     Aditya Mishra

Random thought of the day:
        In India, "cold weather" is merely a conventional phrase and has come
into use through the necessity of having some way to distinguish between
weather which will melt a brass door-knob and weather which will only
make it mushy.---Mark Twain