DDK (Re: Indus Script)

Sreenivas Paruchuri sreeni at KTP.UNI-PADERBORN.DE
Sat Sep 19 12:28:02 UTC 1998

>> S Krishna wrote:

> oneself in the same category of people as Jacobi et al...To suggest that
> Georg Feuerstein and JAcobi are "co-workers" is obviously
> insulting to the later.....

I couldn't find anything on above lines. any help?

> 2. Rajaram claims that Jacobi the mathematician was influenced by Vedic
> mathematics...Has anybody seen this elsewhere? I've read about the life

I thought he was refering to the German Indologist (/Philologist) Hermann
Jacobi!?

> Where does Kosambi use class theory to justify Aryan invasion or

Thats my understanding too! Aside, JL Masson while dedicating his
_bhaasa's avimaarka (translation)_ to DDK mentions that they had
different opinions on the quality of class. Sanskrit poetry, but that
never detered their relations.

While Kosambi's name came up let me ask something. are there any
comprehensive, critical reviews of his Indological work; esp. published
in the last 20 years? I have all the comm. volumes produced in his honour,
which have -no surprise- a lot of praise for him. Apart from, I  came
across only two essays critically looking at his work:

        1. Prof. Robert Goldman  in _Marxist Influences and south Asian
Literature_, Carlo Coppola (Ed), Occasional paper ; 23, Asian Studies
Center, Michigan State Univ., East Lansing, 1974

                                and

        2. Prof. Romila Thapar in _Interpreting early India_ (a collection of
essays), OUP, Delhi, 1992.

Regards,
Sreenivas