Indian and Scythian Dress

Samar Abbas abbas at BETA.IOPB.STPBH.SOFT.NET
Fri Oct 23 17:27:23 UTC 1998

Thank you for this eye-opener, Prof. Vassilkov.  The upper and lower
garments for men (consisting of a precursor to the `dhoti' and an upper
cloth thrown around the chest) and women are mentioned as being in use in
the period 1000-1200 AD [ `Social and Cultural History of Northern India
1000-1200 AD', Prof. B.N.Sharma, Abhinav Publications New Delhi 1972 ].
Thus it seems that Indo-Aryan dress hadn't changed much from 1500 BC -
1200 AD, a period of 2700 years !

Samar