Job posting

David Magier magier at COLUMBIA.EDU
Sat Oct 17 20:23:29 UTC 1998

The following Job Announcement is being forwarded to your mailing list
or listserv from the JOBS section of SARAI (South Asia Resource Access
on the Internet). Please contact job posters directly with any comments
of questions, and do not send such queries to me.

David Magier
SARAI
http://www.columbia.edu/cu/libraries/indiv/area/sarai

From: "qadri ismail" <ismai004 at tc.umn.edu>

The Dept. of History and the Institute for Global Studies invite
applications for a full time, tenure track, joint appointment beginning
next september. Tenure home will be in history. We are looking for someone
whose work is on 19th/20th century South Asia and whose record suggests
theoretical sophistication and interdisciplinary involvement. For further
details, contact the Dept. of History, University of Minnesota, 614 Social
Sciences Building, Minneapolis, MN 55455 or send an application (including
brief narrative on current research and teaching, plans for future
research, proposed courses) and CV to the Chair, History/IGS Search
Committee, at the above address. All applications must be postmarked
December 1st or earlier.