gopAla-tApini UpaniSad

DEVARAKONDA VENKATA NARAYANA SARMA narayana at HD1.VSNL.NET.IN
Fri Oct 16 01:22:45 UTC 1998

I think that nRsiMha-tApini UpaniSad is devided into two parts,
pUrvanRsiMha-tApini upaniSad and uttaranRsimha-yApini upaniSad
and the former is advaitic describing the nature of praNava (OM).

regards,

sarma.

<<---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 98 14:09:14 PDT
From: Jan Brzezinski <janbrz at microtec.net>
Subject: gopAla-tApanI UpaniSad

Dear friends,

Does anybody have any knowledge of the tApanIyopaniSads (also tApanI
upaniSads)? I have a number of commentaries to the GopAlatApanI, but other
than the statement found therein that it was well known in Gujarat, I can
find no information about this or the other works coming (apparently) from
the same school  (rAmatApanI, nRsiMghatApanI). They are obviously very late
VaiSNava UpaniSads. Can anybody add to this meagre store of knowledge?

Thanking you all in advance for your help,

Jan Brzezinski>>