Kira.naagama/Kira.natantra

Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian ramakris at EROLS.COM
Thu Oct 15 23:17:02 UTC 1998

Dominic Goodall wrote:

> I omitted to mention in my last posting that the first 7 chapters of
> the Kira.natantra have been translated into English.  This translation
> appears on pp.341--70 of ``Hindu Scriptures'' (California University
> Press and J.M.Dent 1996) and it is introduced on pp.xxxi--xxxviii of
> the introduction.

Thanks to everyone who replied.

Is the above book edited by you? I went to amazon.com and found a soft
cover edition titled "Hindu Scriptures", Univ of Calif Press, priced
13.56. A hard cover edition costs ~$45 and is titled "Hindu Scriptures -
New translations". To make things more confusing, all other info
including the photograph of the book are the same for both the hard and
soft cover editions!! Are these two books are the same?

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

Rama