Information about degrees

S Krishna mahadevasiva at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Nov 27 02:04:58 UTC 1998

Dear List members,

  I would like information on the following
degrees that were granted in India/England in the early part of this

1. What is the full form of the medical degree M.B.C.M? I think this
corresponds to modern M.B.B.S(India) and was given
in India in the begining part of this century..

2. With respect to Archealogy, can anybody give me information about
"M.R.A.S"..I think it stands for "Member
of the Royal Archealogical Society" but am not sure..If this is the
case, I would like to know whether it is a peer-recognition
( as in say, Fellowship of the Royal Society) or is it a degree which
could be obtained through passing an examination i.e. analogous to the
M.R.C.P( Member of the Royal College of Physicians)...

Looking forward to your help and suggestions..


Get Your Private, Free Email at

More information about the INDOLOGY mailing list