Aids to the study of Shankaracharya

K. S. Arjunwadkar panini at PN2.VSNL.NET.IN
Thu Nov 26 05:50:49 UTC 1998

Nov 26, 1998

Dear Members,
I have been studying and teaching works of the great Shankaracharya for
more than four decades. During all these years I have felt that two kinds
of aids would be extremely helpful to those who study Shankaracharya
seriously:
(1) A Dictionary of all important words in his philosophical works
explaining them on the basis of their use in his works with full references
to the texts; (cp. A Dictionary of Sanskrit Grammar by K. V. Abhyankar et al)
(2) An anthology of select passages from his works, accompanied by their
English translation, as a direct introduction to his philosophy.
I do not know if any scholar of Shankara has thought or worked in this
direction.
Can any member enlighten me on this point?
Regards.
KSA