learning Sanskrit

Ashish Chandra achandra at WNMAIL.WNDEV.ATT.COM
Fri Nov 20 15:01:19 UTC 1998

I am trying to find a book which will enable me to learn Sanskrit well
enough that I can read our scriptures without much need for translation. In
other words, I would want to interpret them myself. I have studied 5 years
of Sanskrit from grade 6 to 10th but have now forgotten most of it. Can
anyone judge from my level which book will be best suited to learn Sanskrit
or do I have to take instructions by enrolling in a school ? I would
appreciate any help.

Ashish Chandra