Paired Horse and PIE breakup

Paul Kekai Manansala kekai at JPS.NET
Thu Nov 5 17:49:50 UTC 1998

Yaroslav V. Vassilkov wrote:

> On 4 Nov. Paul Kekai Manansala wrote:
>
> >We see Persians using cuneiform and Aramaic scripts that they borrowed.
> >Assyrians certainly had their own chariots.  These type of things
> >crossed linguistic and ethnic barriers.  So, I ask how do we know
> >the Sintashta or related cultures spoke Indo-European?
>
> >Why couldn't they have spoken languages related to Hurrian,
> >the Caucasian languages or Uralic (among others)?
>
>         No, they could not, it is absolutely impossible.

Again the so-called "Scythian" culture was found among many peoples
including Altaic and Uralic.  In fact, we have much more hard evidence
of this culture among the latter peoples.  I might add that until fairly
recently the Scythian cultures were also considered "Turanian."

I using terms like "impossible" is not useful in the type of speculation
that is being engaged in with these theories.

Regards,
Paul Kekai Manansala