Horses

Martin Bemmann martin.bemmann at URZ.UNI-HEIDELBERG.DE
Fri May 29 06:54:49 UTC 1998

Sn. Subrahmanya schrieb:

> Just as an FYI:
>
> There was some very intersting news on the BBC today about
> Turkmen horses.
>
> It seems that these horses (heard it as ako teki ? ) are the
> finest in the world, and far superior to the Persian horses.

I didn't see the report but most probably you are refering to the famous
Akhal Teke horses, the *blood sweating* or *heavenly* horses adored by
the Chinese. There should be a vast literature on them. A short article
is available online at: http://www.silk-road.com/artl/maslow.shtml
There is even an *akhal-teke-network* on the web ;)
http://www.akhalteke.net/

Regards,
--
Martin Bemmann

Heidelberger Akademie der Wissenschaften
>Felsbilder und Inschriften am Karakorum Highway<
Karlstrasse 4
Postfach 102769
D-69017 Heidelberg  -- Germany

phone: ++49-6221-543276  fax: ++49-6221-543355
mailto:martin.bemmann at urz.uni-heidelberg.de
http://www.uni-heidelberg.de/institute/sonst/adw/kara/welcome.html