Sarasvati (texts & arch.I)

Paul K. Manansala kabalen at MAIL.JPS.NET
Wed May 27 14:55:44 UTC 1998

 Michael Witzel <witzel at FAS.HARVARD.EDU>
wrote:

> On Sun, 24 May 1998, Paul K. Manansala wrote:
>

> > Do we find Vedic culture outside
> > of India in pre-Harappan times?
>
> I have mentoned the highly suggestive Ural burials, c. 2000 BC, with a
> Dadhyanc-like figure (human body, no head, but instead: horse head). As in
> RV. (Gening 1977!) Any other Dadhyances in Uralic, Siberian myth?>
> Parpola has given other comparisons, especially for the BMAC (again,
> Erdosy, 1995)

But human  and horse burials are very common among Altaic and
probably Uralic peoples. Surely we should expect something more given
the standards already set in this discussion for IVC.

Regards,
Paul Kekai Manansala