SI Mss. Libraries

Juergen Neuss jneuss at ZEDAT.FU-BERLIN.DE
Wed May 20 13:35:54 UTC 1998

Dear Indologists,
for my present work I need copies of manuscripts, which are available in
the Government Oriental Manuscripts Library (GOML), Madras (now:
Chennai) and in the Maharaja Serfoji's Sarasvati Mahal Library,
Thanjavur.
I have written twice to both institutions, but have got only one reply
from GOML, stating that they have no means to reproduce manuscripts.

Now my requests:
1.) Is anybody in the possession of the exact addresses of these
libraries, including the name of the present curator, or any other
person responsible for the reproduction of mss.
2.) Does anybody have any experience in obtaining mss. from one of these
institutions?

Every info/suggestion is welcome.
Thanks for reading
jn

--
Juergen Neuss

Freie Universitaet Berlin

Institut für Indische Philologie und Kunstgeschichte

Königin-Luise-Str. 34a

14195 Berlin