Sarasvati/dating

Edwin Bryant ebryant at FAS.HARVARD.EDU
Tue May 19 02:57:47 UTC 1998

I have all these articles, but I have found no reports of thorough dating
attempts of the various stages of the drying up of this river
Ghose, quoted below, gives no grounds for his opinion (but Mughal's dates
seem more reliable and likely to be of interest).  As N. Ganesham notes,
such dates are crucial for the Indig. Aryan position. In any event, I
think professor Witzel might have some comments to make from the
philological side; I  will have to wait till I return to pursue this
discussion further.  Best, Edwin