Proposed changes to Velthuis Devanagari fonts.

Anshuman Pandey apandey at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Wed May 13 22:17:20 UTC 1998

On Wed, 13 May 1998, Daniel Baum wrote:

> While on the subject of changes to the Velthuis Devanagari package, is there
> any possibility of adding Vedic accents to it? This seems to be the only
> thing missing from an otherwise perfect package. Alternatively, is there any
> other package that can do it? I know it can be fudged into Itrans, but that
> seems to be missing other stuff.

A package called "Sanskrit for LaTeX" by Charles Wikner handles Vedic
accents, allows the user to choose between variant forms of several
characters, handles technical transliteration, etc. The package is
available from CTAN (ftp://ftp.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/language/sanskrit/).
A compiled and patched DOS executable is available from my website at:
http://weber.u.washington.edu/~apandey/skt2-exe.zip.

There are no more available positions in Velthuis's font, so nothing more
can be added to it.

Regards,
Anshuman Pandey