Etymology of naa.dii

N. Ganesan GANESANS at CL.UH.EDU
Wed May 13 17:04:58 UTC 1998

The naa.di astrology is very interesting.
In general, tamil words do not end with 'ii'.
I read a nice article by Clive's great grandson
of his experiences with a naa.dii astrologer.
Clive (Is his first name Robert??) was one of the founders
of British rule in India.
The grandson goes to TiruvAnaikkaa or Vaidheesvaran kOil,
as I recollect. will give the reference later.

naa.du as a verb is to desire.
naaTTam = desire. Does it have anything to do with
naa.di jOtiDam??

nA.di in tamil means pulse also.

Are there sanskrit texts called suuryanaa.dii, candranaa.dii, ...

Regards,
N. Ganesan