Rig Vedic Racism

Lars Martin Fosse lmfosse at ONLINE.NO
Wed Mar 25 08:47:02 UTC 1998

Dominique Thillaud wrote:

>        Even with the animals, the differences between them are not
>considered as "racial" but as "provenance". That's allways true today with
>the geographical names of cats, dogs, cows, &c. and I suppose the notion of
>"race" don't exist before Mendel.

Actually I think it does. But it is not terribly old, at least not in the
modern sense. The journal Discover ran a feature (rather large) on race and
the history of race research and race theories a couple of years ago. I am
sorry I can't give you any details, because I sent the copy I had to my
daughter. However, it is a quite useful set of articles, which I recommend.

Lars Martin

Dr.art. Lars Martin Fosse
Haugerudvn. 76, Leil. 114,
0674 Oslo