Gurmukhi Alphabetic Order?

James E. Agenbroad jage at LOC.GOV
Thu Mar 19 20:30:54 UTC 1998

                                       Thursday, March 19, 1998
Could someone tell my why in the Gurmukhi script 'sa' and 'ha' come
before 'ka' instead at the end as with other Brahmi based scripts? I do not
plan to interfile Panjabi with other scripts soon; it's just an anomaly
I'd like to understand if possible.  Thank you.

     Regards,
          Jim Agenbroad ( jage at LOC.gov )
     The above are purely personal opinions, not necessarily the official
views of any government or any agency of any.
Phone: 202 707-9612; Fax: 202 707-0955; US mail: I.T.S. Dev.Gp.4, Library
of Congress, 101 Independence Ave. SE, Washington, D.C. 20540-9334 U.S.A.