Indo-Aryan migration vs Indigenous origin - scholarly debate

Paul (Kekai) Manansala sac51900 at SACLINK.CSUS.EDU
Tue Mar 17 15:36:47 UTC 1998

On Tue, 17 Mar 1998, Robert J. Zydenbos wrote:

> S. Krishna's critique of that book by Frawley and Feuerstein more
> or less seem to summarise the general atmosphere in which the
> 'repudiation' of the Aryan Invasion Theory is being propounded.

I disagree. The AIT theory is already repudiated on lack of evidence.
What the saffron crowd attempts to do is repudiate the AMT theory.
Also, these people do not really represent the Indigenous Aryan
crowd among mainstream Indian scholars.  They market more to Indians
in the West and New Agers.

I also have to agree that is wrong to call these people revisionists.
There is no former history of an Aryan invasion of India. Not among
the Indians, Iranians, Greeks, Chinese, Muslims or anyone. Not the slightest
suggestion.  The idea originated among the British of the 19th century,
so they are the ones revising history.

Regards,
Paul Kekai Manansala