To the lamenters

Robert J. Zydenbos zydenbos at BLR.VSNL.NET.IN
Sun Mar 15 21:58:58 UTC 1998

Jan Brzezinski wrote:

> Good news! Madonna has come over! Her latest record is full of
> things like Om shunty shunty shunty. And something which sounds
> like Hindi, though I do not consider myself qualified to judge.

Good gracious! We missed out entirely on that here. The Indian
papers I have seen claim that she has become a Kabbalist, and they
were rather satirical about that.

> I hear that Alanis Morrissette is also backpacking through India
> looking for succour.

(Please let me know, anyone, whether and when she reaches Mysore. My
daughter wants to meet her.)

> Perhaps the pendulum is swinging and we can expect the
> Beatles-Maharshi phenomenon to repeat itself.

Perhaps this is something for an anthropological study: the
Beatles, the Mahavishnu Orchestra, Quintessence,... what they
did and what prompted them to be like they were.

RZ