To the lamenters

Anshuman Pandey apandey at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Thu Mar 12 22:41:40 UTC 1998

On Thu, 12 Mar 1998, Jan Brzezinski wrote:

> matters: Good news! Madonna has come over! Her latest record is full of
> things like Om shunty shunty shunty. And something which sounds like
> Hindi, though I do not consider myself qualified to judge.
>
> I hear that Alanis Morrissette is also backpacking through India
> looking for succour. Perhaps the pendulum is swinging and we can expect
> the Beatles-Maharshi phenomenon to repeat itself.

Ah, "marketing the mystic East!" Perhaps these two would be so kind as to
donate some amount of their record profits to South Asian language and
civilization departments. Speaking of American musicians in India, I heard
that our beloved Masala Mlecchas, the Spice Girls, want to throw a concert
at Khajuraho.

Regards,
Anshuman Pandey