TrueType fonts, TeX etc.

John Smith jds10 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Mon Mar 2 12:08:36 UTC 1998

On Mon, 2 Mar 1998, Anshuman Pandey wrote:

> Yes, emTeX does support virtual fonts, however, some of the filenames of
> John's CSX virtual fonts exceed the allowable 8 + 3 filename convention of
> DOS. I was going to rename the files so that they may be used with emTeX
> but never got around to doing it. John, any new ideas yet?

So long as you have the current versions, all you need do is rename them
(so long as the name you use is unique and doesn't collide with the name
of the underlying real font). The old versions were recursive (invoked
themselves by name), so you couldn't do that; but the current versions
don't have this problem.

John Smith

Dr J. D. Smith                *  jds10 at cam.ac.uk
Faculty of Oriental Studies   *  Tel. 01223 335140 (Switchboard 01223 335106)
Sidgwick Avenue               *  Fax  01223 335110
Cambridge CB3 9DA             *  http://bombay.oriental.cam.ac.uk/index.html