Indo-Aryan invasion

Jacob Baltuch jacob.baltuch at EURONET.BE
Sun Mar 1 20:51:57 UTC 1998

I wrote:

>[...] if IA represented the development in situ of PIE we should notice
>in IA a linguistic diversity about equal to the diversity noticed in the
>whole of the IE area outside India combined, and [...] this is not the
>case. While somewhat impressionistic and not easy to make completely
>rigorous,

not to mention other possible objections (such as a possible demographic
imbalance between the number of those leaving, in several waves, and the
stay behinds, or geographic proximity which may have countered divergent
development in IA to some extent),