King Shahaji of Tanjore

Srini Pichumani srini_pichumani at MENTORG.COM
Tue Jun 23 01:20:36 UTC 1998

> I am looking for information on king Shahaji of Tanjore. Has there been any
> recent study of of the Maratha kings of South India in general, and on him
> in particular?
> Any refference would be welcome.
> Yigal Bronner.

Vidyasankar and Devesh have already provided some references...
in addition,  please take a look at the following books by
Prof.S.Seetha, Retired Head of Dept of Music, Madras University.

        -  Tanjore as a seat of music, during the 17th, 18th, and
        19th centuries.  University of Madras. 1981

        -  Raga Lakshanamu.  Brhaddhvani, Madras. 1990.

The second book is a Telugu treatise on music authored/attributed
to Shahaji Maharaja.  His descendant's (Tulaja I) Sanskrit treatise
on music Samgita SaaraamRta is very much indebted to his ancestor's
Telugu work.

-Srini.