RV 9.67.31-32

B. Reusch reusch at UCLINK4.BERKELEY.EDU
Sat Jun 20 18:47:54 UTC 1998

Jan E.M. Houben wrote:

>Interesting also: RV 9.67.32: sa'rasvatI "milks" (gives as a cow) "milk,
>butter, honey and water/ and sweet water." (Verses 31-32 of this hymn are
>missing in vanNooten and Holland's recent edition, HOS 50! I think the editors
>went here a bit too far in their attempt to restore a more original text).

Fyi,
I forwarded the above quote to Gary Holland, who wrote back to me that he
had noticed the missing of these stanzas three years ago.
As far as I know, van Nooten & Holland worked last year on a revised
edition of their RV (HOS 50), which may come out, perhaps, in another year.

With best wishes,

Beatrice Reusch
University of California, Berkeley