artisnas from different regions (Re: yoga-paTTa)

Sudalaimuthu Palaniappan Palaniappa at AOL.COM
Fri Jun 19 18:04:14 UTC 1998

<< For several days I've been stumped
 trying to recall where I read, way back when, about artisans from several
 specific regions of India, at work for some South Indian king.  I thought
 it might have been the Cilappatikaram, but couldn't find such a passage in
 K.N Subramaniyam's _rendering_. >>

Since I did not see any response for this query, here is my suggestion. Did
you try maNimEkalai? As I am on the road, I cannot give the exact reference.
If my memory is right, the lines go something like this.

makata vin2aiJarum marATTak kammarum
avantik kollarum yavan2at taccarum
taNtamiz vin2aiJar tammoTuG kUTi...

Regards