Tipu Sultan

Birgit Kellner kellner at IPC.HIROSHIMA-U.AC.JP
Tue Jun 16 13:16:45 UTC 1998

Anand Nayak wrote:

> >Greetings ...
> >As i am having some problem locating good texts on Tipu Sultan, i was
> >wondering if anyone could recommend anything ?
> >Any help would be greatly appreciated ...
> >Regards
> >Simon Haines

Another recent publication on Tipu Sultan is:

Kate Brittlebank: Tipu Sultan's Search for Legitimacy: Islam and
Kingship in a Hindu Domain. New Delhi 1997: Oxford University Press.

I can't personally recommend it, as it was only recommended to me and I
haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but, as the saying goes, it
might be of interest ...

regards,

--
birgit kellner