help for a four year Sanskrit Course

John Smith jds10 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Wed Jul 29 15:47:08 UTC 1998

On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Mariana Caixeiro wrote:

> Dear Collegues
>

> A student of mine got a scholership to study Sansckrit during four years.
> He has to start from the beginning.
> Please can some of you send information of places in Europe, US or India
> where he can attend a four year course and also the cntents of the course
> if possible.

As far as I know (I'm not sure about Edinburgh), the only University in
the UK to offer a four-year course is Cambridge. You can get some basic
information off the web page (www.oriental.cam.ac.uk): the course covers a
large range of different types of literature, and involves study of
background culture as well. It can be combined with Hindi if wished, but
is more usually done by itself.

John Smith

Dr J. D. Smith                *  jds10 at cam.ac.uk
Faculty of Oriental Studies   *  Tel. 01223 335140 (Switchboard 01223 335106)
Sidgwick Avenue               *  Fax  01223 335110
Cambridge CB3 9DA             *  http://bombay.oriental.cam.ac.uk/index.html