Downloadable pictures

Elliot Stern emstern at NNI.COM
Wed Jul 15 12:30:31 UTC 1998

>Dear Netters!
>
>Would any of you know of a database where I can find pictures of
>India/Indian art etc that can be downloaded to my computer?
>
>Best regards,
>
>Lars Martin Fosse
>

>Dr.art. Lars Martin Fosse
>Haugerudvn. 76, Leil. 114,
>0674 Oslo
>
>Tel: +47 22 32 12 19
>Fax: +47 22 32 12 19
>Email: lmfosse at online.no
>Mobile phone: 90 91 91 45
>
>Check out: http://www.nofsa.uio.no

The Center for Electronic Text and Image at the University of Pennsylvania
Library has an ongoing project to digitize images from the AIIS photo
archive. Some images are already available for online use. I could not
determine, however,  whether online use may legally include  downloading to
an individual computer, or not. The main page for the South Asia Art
Archive is http://www.library.upenn.edu/etext/sasia/aiis/index.html. Follow
links under the heading Subject Categories of AIIS Photograph Archive.

Elliot M. Stern
552 South 48th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19143-2029
USA