Many pancakes

DEVARAKONDA VENKATA NARAYANA SARMA narayana at HD1.VSNL.NET.IN
Sun Jul 12 12:40:57 UTC 1998

On 11 Jul 98 Dominique thillaud wrote:

>Apparently, for the maNDaka, 'very thin' and 'thick kneaded dough'
>seems contradictory, but I've seen old Italian pizzaioli making very big
>and thin pizzas, doing jump and turn the initially small and thick disk in
>their both hands with an astonishing dexterity. Do you believe the same
>knack could be known in India?
>       Namaste,
>Dominique

>Dominique THILLAUD
>Universite' de Nice Sophia-Antipolis, France

They employ two methods. One is making the thick small disk thin by
pressing it with hands. The second is more spectacular. They throw
the disk up giving it a spin. Due to centrifugal force the disk
stretches itself and becomes thin by the time it lands back in to
the hands of the chef.

regards,

sarma.