unintended attachments

Claude Setzer cssetzer at MUM.EDU
Sun Jul 5 03:42:52 UTC 1998

not attach anything actively. >I work on a NT Windows server, with the
Windows Messaging. I write my postings with the Compose >command (Reply to
Sender), then I send it to outbox, and from there to the server. The
attachment may be >of the following character

Receiving a message as an "attachment" (without sending it that way) is a
function of both the senders and the receiver's email package. I use Outlook
express as part of Microsoft Explorer 4 and I do not have any problem with
your email, but I do receive some people's messages as attached text, often
in addition to having it in the message box.

You can try changing the way your email package encodes the message, there
should be several options. It may also have something to do with how your
server processes the message.

Claude Setzer