The Dog

Bhadraiah Mallampalli Vaidix at AOL.COM
Sat Jan 31 09:19:30 UTC 1998

N GANESAN Wrote..

> That is Saiva Saints, the Tevaram Nayanmars often describe
> themselves as lowly dogs (naayinEn, naayEn, ...) in their
> pleadings to Siva.

Dog has always been a symbol of intinctual behavior.

According to my findings (not published yet), viSNu can be defined as "First
perception of the Unknown", and rudrA as "Last perception of the Known".
viSNu removes ignorance by providing new knowledge not known hitherto, whereas
rudrA removes the existing ignorance by melting the instincts which are
themselves a symbol of knowledge that was once known but now forgotten.
Thanks to Ganesan for the saivite evidence.

Bhadraiah Mallampalli
http://www.fortunecity.com/roswell/bailey/64 (Vaidix)