Uttara Kuru

Sn. Subrahmanya sns at IX.NETCOM.COM
Wed Jan 21 04:20:36 UTC 1998

I was watching a program called Nova on PBS about some mummies
found in  Western China and Tajikistan. The program was hosted by
a Asian Studies Prof from Univ of Penn called Victor Meyer
(not sure of the spelling). The mummies were about 2000 years
old (i.e If I heard right). He called these people the
"Tukarians" - which sounds pretty close to "uttara kuru".
Also, this region is exactly north of the Kuru region in India.

There were lot of  wall  paintings of people with a tilak. The
mummies were more Caucasian than Chinese, also they had woolen
clothes with designs which look exactly like Scottish kilts !!
Another fascinating thing was a large bow that was shown, the
shape of the bow looked exactly like what is shown on mythological
soaps on TV in India (I am NOT kidding!! ). I had always thought
bows of that shape would never work in real life !!

Can anyone shed more light on these archeological finds.

Subrahmanya