Yiddish translation of Gita (?)

winnie winnie.fellows at UNIKEY.COM.BR
Mon Jan 19 20:12:15 UTC 1998

>Besides Yiddish, that mere "German patois" by some pompous ignoramuses,
>is also a language that has been the medium of several great writers
>(one of them a Nobel Prize winner) and of an important culture.

How much affected and violent in language certain people get when not
everyone accept fully what they believe to be truth. For me a translation in
Hebrew would have quite sense, but  not  much in Yidish, a disapearing,
second language , no doubt a patois and a german dialect, an exclusive
vehicle for communication only between members of a certain community
without any universal aim. That's why it sounds strange to me and don't come
with that old paranoid talk of anti-semitism.