Bibliography of South Asian linguistics, 1998

wieson wieson at RAINBOW.CH
Wed Jan 14 21:14:27 UTC 1998

Hello!

I am currently compiling a bilbiography on South Asian linguistics
conducted by scholars residing/working in Europe for the 'Yearbook of South
Asian Languages and Linguistics' (ed. by Rajendra Singh, Montreal), which
will be published next year by Sage Publications, Delhi.
Last year concentrated mainly on Hindi-Urdu and Himalayan research. The
main emphasis of this year's bibliography for Europe will be on historical
linguistics - of all the language families of the sub-continent. In
addition, work done in the last year (1997) on ANY aspect of South Asian
linguistics will be included under a separate heading.

I would like to ask all scholars residing in Europe who have done research
in the 1990's on historical aspects of any South Asian language who would
like to have this information included in the bibliography - as well as any
research done on any aspect concerning these languages in the last year -
to send me the relevant information at the address below by January 23,
1998 at the very latest. I am especially interested in research done AFTER
1993 (the last year covered by the Bibliographie Linguistique) as well as
any literature which may have been overseen there. Please be sure to
include all relevant information (especially issue no., page nos., etc.,
with journals).

Please pass this message along to any of your colleagues who may be
interested.

Thanks in advance for your help!

John Peterson
Seminar für Allgemeine Sprachwissenschaft
Universität Zürich
Switzerland
Fax-Nr. (+41)-1-634 49 10
Email: (preferably:) peterson at spw.unizh.ch