Acta Orientalia vol. 58 / 1997

Asko Parpola Asko.Parpola at HELSINKI.FI
Fri Jan 9 15:21:49 UTC 1998

A new issue of Acta Orientalia (ediderunt Societates Orientales Danica,
Fennica, Norvegica, Svecica)  has  come out with the following contents:

Abdelmadjid Allaoua: Sur les pronoms personnels: questions d'autonomie
primitive (pp. 7-23)
Jaakko Hameen-Anttila: Qur. 53: 19, the prophetic experience and the
"Satanic verses" - a reconsideration (pp. 24-34)
Philippe Provencal: Animal names gathered by interviews with members of the
Muzin tribe in Sinai (pp. 35-46)
Harry Falk: Refining gold in ancient India: ad JUB 3.17,3 (pp. 47-51)
K. R. Norman: The Jain nijjuttis (pp. 52-74)
Roger Greatrex: Tribute missions from the Sichuan borderlands to the
Imperial Court (1400-1665) (pp. 75-151)
Stephan Werner-Thuno: Chinese lexical cuisine: A study of the lexical field
of cooking in Modern Chinese (pp. 152-184)
Book reviews (pp. 185-294)

My earlier appeal for more subscriptions to save Acta Orientalia from
ceasing publication seems to have had some effect (many thanks for all who
responded positively), but we are still near the danger zone.  It would
help us to keep Acta Orientalia alive if we got some more subscriptions!!
Subscriptions for Acta Orientalia (which is an annual publication) can be
placed with Munksgaard International Publishers, PB 2148, DK-1016
Copenhagen K, Denmark, Fax +45 33 12 93 87, or from Munksgaard, Commerce
Place, 350 Main Street, Malden, MA 02148-5018 USA, Fax +1-617-388-8274. The
price for vol. 58 is c USD 74.

With best wishes for a Happy New Year,   Asko Parpola

Asko Parpola ------ e-mail Asko.Parpola at Helsinki.Fi
Dept. of Asian and African Studies, University of Helsinki