Draft scheme 2.01 on the Web

Anthony P Stone stone_catend at COMPUSERVE.COM
Fri Jan 9 20:56:30 UTC 1998

Dear Colleagues

As part of the continuing work on developing an 8-bit transliteration
standard for Indic scripts, being done under the ISO, I have put a draft
scheme on my Web pages.   It may be accessed from the Transliteration top
page (URL at the end of this message) or directly at:

       http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/stone_catend/trd201a.htm

Please take a look, try it out, and give me your comments (directly, unless
of course you want to raise a discussion on the list).     The scheme is my
attempt to implement discussions being held on the Conv-dev mailing list,
but it is the first time the 11 scripts involved have been shown in tabular
form.   The philosophy behind the style of transliteration adopted is
explained further on my Transliteration pages.

This posting is being sent to the mailing lists Conv-dev, TC46SC2, and
Indology  (with  apologies to those who receive more than one copy).    I
should be very grateful if those interested in particular scripts or
languages could pass on the URL to other people who might like to comment.

Many thanks,   Tony Stone

Dr Anthony P. Stone, Project Leader, ISO/TC46/SC2/WG12 Transliteration of
Indic scripts.
Email: stone_catend at compuserve.com                           Thinking aloud
on transliteration:
     http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/stone_catend/translit.htm