Naciketas

Amos Nevo amnev at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 24 14:28:13 UTC 1998

>Date:         Fri, 20 Feb 1998 15:21:58 +0000
>From:         Dominik Wujastyk <ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK>
>Subject:      Re: Naciketas
>To:           INDOLOGY at LISTSERV.LIV.AC.UK
>
>See New Catalogus Catalogorum / Raghavan et al. under
"Naciketopaakhyaana"
>(9.321), "Naasiketopaakhyaana" (10.110) and especially
>"Naaciketopaakhyaana" (10.23-24), where a romanized edition and Italian
>translation in the Giornale dellla Soc. Asiatica Italiana 1902-4 is
>referred to.
>
>All the best,
>Dominik
>
>--
>Dr Dominik Wujastyk        Wellcome Institute for the History of
Medicine
>email: d.wujastyk at ucl.ac.uk      183 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE,
England
8545

I am grateful for the reference.
Actually, Catalogus Catalogorum was my main source for the information
about MSS dealing with Naciketas.
I am looking now for the source of the story in these MSS, where
Naciketas is born out of his mother's nose. Most MSS claim that the
source is Brahmanda Purana. If anyone knows of a text of Brahmanda
Purana that includes the Naciketa Katha (NAsiketopAkhyAna), I shall be
most grateful for the information.
Thanks in advance.

Amos Nevo
14/51 Bolivia St. Jerusalem