The Cat

N. Ganesan GANESANS at CL.UH.EDU
Thu Feb 19 21:14:15 UTC 1998

Ms. Mary Storm wrote about a Kadamba King who killed
himself upon seeing his pet parrot killed by a cat.
Got little more curious and found a recent title.

Padma Sudhi, Virtues of parrot-learning: thirty
parrot tales from Hinduism, Jainism and Buddhism.
Western Ghat edition.

(There is another book by the author: Aesthetic theories of India, 1990)

N. Ganesan
Aside:
This parrot story reminds me of the Tamil Chola king Manuneethi Cholan
legend. Pardon me, I don't know the equivalent story in Telugu. :-)