khyaati

Edeltraud Harzer Clear eclear at UTS.CC.UTEXAS.EDU
Fri Feb 6 22:59:08 UTC 1998

Dear Mr. Olenev,
It seems that the terms *asatkhyaati* and *aatmakhyaati* are
used by non-Buddhists, criticizing and labelling as such the
Buddhist positions of the M. and V. traditions.

See
NYAAYAMA~NJARII of Jayanta Bha.t.ta, Vol. 2, Varanasi, Chowkhamba, 1969,
(mine is bound together with vol.1, 1971) pp.110-114. If you have
a different edition, it is two short sections toward the end of the
*prameyaprakara.na*, just before *sa.mzayaprakara.na*. Jayanta also
discuses these views on Prabhaakara's behalf.

If you do not get the answers on this net, somebody on Buddha-L at ULKYVM
(I am not absolutely sure of the net address, you may have it already)
might help.

Good luck.

Edeltraud Harzer Clear
Asian Studies