Indus/Sarasvati Doab (& SYMPOSUIM announcement)

Michael Rabe mrabe at ARTIC.EDU
Thu Feb 5 11:17:41 UTC 1998

Thank you, Dr. Kalyanaraman!

Very timely information, in that the Asia Society, New York, is about to
host an exhibition,  entitled: _Great Cities, Small Treasures: The Ancient
World of the Indus Valley,_ Feb. 11 - May 3, 1998. [Exhibited material,
courtesy the Govt of Pakistan/Golden Jubilee Celebration Cell, et al.]

An accompanying symposium, organized by Rita Wright, Dept of Anthroloplogy,
NYU, and at the Asia Society, is scheduled for Friday March 6, (2 - 6 p.m);
and all day Saturday, the 7th.   The number to call for reservations
(otherwise free) is 212-517-ASIA;  presumably the entire program is posted
on the ASIA society Web site: http://www.asiasociety.org