SV: creation of human kind

Chris Beetle bvi at AFN.ORG
Fri Dec 25 17:48:24 UTC 1998

At 11:19 AM 12/24/98 -0800, you wrote:

>In Hinduism, God cannot control the law
>of karma, yet God is still seen as all-powerful.

Just for the record, as far as I am aware, in the Hindu tradition, God is
described as the controller of the law of karma.  One reference for this is
a quote from a translation of Brahma-samhita by Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati
Thakura of the Gaudiya Vaisnava tradition:

"I adore the primeval Lord Govinda, who burns up to their roots all fruitive
activities of those who are imbued with devotion and impartially ordains for
each the due enjoyment of the fruits of one's activities, for all those who
walk in the path of work, in accordance with the chain of their previously
performed works, no less in the case of the tiny insect that bears the name
indragopa than in that of Indra, king of the devas" (Sri Brahma-samhita,
verse 54).