Tea

T.I. Console info at TICONSOLE.NL
Thu Dec 17 08:23:08 UTC 1998

N. Ganesan wrote

>I do not know if Tibetan Tea has sugar or salt.
>  Is salt added really? I would think milk
>  will get spoiled, unless one drinks salty
>  tea soon after its preparation.
>  Want to read on the recipes of salty Tibetan tea.

Well, it's not milk they use, but butter, made of yak-milk. This is a high-fat type of milk. Butter consists of far more fat than proteins, so salt doesn't spoil the structure. But you are right as to the moment of drinking this tea: immediately after its preparation. I guess this has something to do with the emulsion.

Sandra van der Geer
Kern Institute
Leiden
info at ticonsole.nl