thuggees?

Miguel Carrasquer Vidal mcv at WXS.NL
Wed Dec 2 15:10:56 UTC 1998

Madhav Deshpande <mmdesh at UMICH.EDU> wrote:

>For the Thuggees, see the following informative account:
>
>       The Stranglers
>       The Cult of Thuggee and its Overthrow in British India
>       by
>       George Bruce
>       Harcourt, Brace & World, Inc., Inew York, 1968, First American
>       edition in 1969
>
>       Best,
>                               Madhav Deshpande
>
>On Sat, 11 Jun 1904, Jan Seifert wrote:
                ^^^^

That reference is too recent :-)

Jan, your computer clock seems to be set to 1904.  Or what we have is
another sample of a fine Microsoft mail product ("Microsoft Outlook
Express for Macintosh - 4.01 (295)" according to the headers).

In any case, since I have set my mailer to sort threads by date, this
is now by far the earliest in Indology.

Miguel Carrasquer Vidal
mcv at wxs.nl
Amsterdam