Aryan Invasion theory disproved??

sudheer birodkar sudheerbirodkar at YAHOO.COM
Thu Apr 23 06:08:55 UTC 1998

Dear Harshavardhan,

Welcome to the Indology List. I have visited your page on the Indian
Army (Thal Sena). Good Job.

The AIT is not my area of specialzation. But I believe that the Aryans
did come from outside India. The Rig Veda talks about derstuction of
cities (one of the it called Hari-yu-piya - Harrappa?). In Tamil Nadu,
I am told,  there is a festival comemorating the "Ayyannars". In this
festival huge wodden horses are created. This may be a recollection of
the coming of the Horse-riding Aryans. The word "Ayyannar", I presume
connotes Aryans.

This apart, I do not have much on the AIT to tell you, but I have
received critical feedback on my pages where I have refered to the
Aryans as having come from outside India.

As I am basically a student of the history of Science & Technolgy in
Ancient India and of Sociology, it does not matter from where the
Aryans really came, or if they originated in India. But with some
folks, this is an emotional point.

I feel that Indians are a mix of various strains, as is true for
people all over the globe.

Sudheer Birodkar