Aryan Invasion theory disproved??

Harshavardhan Vedak vedak at GLOBALNET.CO.UK
Wed Apr 22 08:21:10 UTC 1998

Hello,

I am new to this mailing list and not an expert in Indology in any respect,
I am just a student interested in the research being done today in this
field.

I heard from a website (I'm sorry, but I forgot the address, I'll send it
at a later date when I re-find it) made by this one bloke, Indian,  who
claimed he was a professor in the field of Indology. His website was about
how he is trying to disprove the Aryan invasion theory based on research
and recent archeological excavations in the Kutch area of Gujrat. He
claims that in a Harappan city (he christened it "Dwarka") that was
uncovered there he has discovered evidence based on pottery, horse
skeletons, etc.. that the Aryan invasion theory is something conjured up
by (no offence) Western European based scientists of the 19th century. He
states that Indian civilization and culture has directly descended from the
Harappan civilization and for every point that the Aryan invasion theory
gives, he gives a counterexample. For instance, he says he has proof that
the Ashokan pillar script comes from the Harappan script. He gives a lot of
other reasons that sound convincing to one who hasn't been educated in this
field.

As you can tell, I am skeptical. Is this guy for real? Do the points he
makes have any evidence to back it up? I would appreciate anyone's reply.
Thanks.

Oh yes, I'll try to find that website again (I accessed it last year
sometime).

Best Regards,

-Harshavardhan Vedak

A Webmaster of Bharat Rakshak- the Consortium
of Indian Military Websites @:
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com

Please visit my Indian Army page @:
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/ARMY